Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day doesn't necessarily mean the end of summer

Summer is officially over, but not for me. I've been participating in a project called 100 Days of Summer and am only on Day 62. In this challenge, people from all over the globe are posting artwork of some kind, poems and prose, and sharing them with one another on a Facebook page created for this event. Apparently the group did the same thing last year, but this is my first time... and guess what? I love it.

I decided to use pictures, so I started a new blog, 100 Lazy Days, especially for this purpose. I've had so much fun going through all the photos that I wasn't doing anything with and sharing them with someone other than family. I've always been a picture taker, and although I'd never call myself a "photographer" per se, I do believe I have a good eye. I think poetry and photography are connected. You can read why here.

One of the group members, Dorothee Lang, asked us to take a moment and reflect upon what we've accomplished during the first fifty days (I know, I'm a little late but I've had three birthdays in August and back-to-school to prepare for). Here are her questions with my answers:

1) From your own works so far, which day is your personal favorite? That's hard, but I'd have to go with Day 33 because how many times would I catch a seagull eating bread out of Pete's hands at just the right moment? Which one is your favorite?

2) What approach/concept for the 100 days did you have at the start? Did it change, and if so, how? At first I had no idea what I'd do. I posted some with little ditties or explanations, but then decided to only share photos.

3) How do you feel about the 100 days of summer so far? I've really enjoyed honing in on this other artistic side of me. I regret not having the ample time to read through everyone's contributions on a daily basis, but I think we're all in the same boat and understand.

If you choose to visit 100 Lazy Days, please note the options at the top. These allow you to view my pictures different ways. My favorites are "snapshot" and "mosaic" because all the photos are laid out like a collage. You can also click the picture to see a bigger version of it.

No comments: