Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11: A Day of Miracles

Since today is 1-11-11(!), I thought I would write something spectacular(!), mind-boggling(!), and/or awe-inspiring(!); but the truth of the matter is I have nothing to share along those lines!

What I do have is a request.  Please pray for my friend, Carrie.  She is having a double mastectomy today.  You can LIKE this Facebook page for updates on her condition.  Carrie has two young children and has already gone through a round of chemotherapy.  Unfortunately the tumors grew back shortly after her chemo ended.  Hopefully with many prayers, God's grace, and careful doctors, 1-11-11 will go down in history as a day of miracles.

Dear God,
Please bless my friend Carrie
with your loving care and grace,
on this special day of ones*
all cancer in her body do erase.
Amen.
*1-11-11

4 comments:

Sylvia Ney said...

Laurie - I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday. I just prayed for her, her family and friends and will continue.

Mlissabeth said...

I feel such a connection with you, Laurie. First with your small stone, on your other blog, and now this.

I am a six year breast cancer survivor with another 20 years surviving melanoma. I know a little of how your friend Carrie feels, and I pray for the wisdom of her surgeons, and her comfort and peace in the knowledge of God's love and grace.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Sylvia- Thanks for the prayers.

Mlissbeth- Wow...You are a miracle!

Jeni said...

I BELIEVE!

Prayers and love,
Jeni