Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The PAD Challenge has begun

The poems I post in November are inspired from Robert Lee Brewer's November Poem-A-Day Challenge on Poetic Asides.  I will post as often as I can, but am also participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) so I might have to catch up from time to time and post several days together, which I've done today.  I will also journal on my NaNoWriMo experience periodically on my other blog, Conversations With A Cardinal.

Day Two:

Michaelmas Daisy
by Laurie Kolp

A time when many shrivel up and die,
drooping eyes pop open
splaying shades of purple, white, pink,
and hues of blue
amid blankets of orange, yellow, red

autumn colors spreading fast
as falling leaves touch the earth,
while new flowers reach for the sky
nourishing God’s creatures
with pollen enough for the winter,

until their life is through.
Nature’s colorful vista
not even Claude Monet can recapture,
symbolic of life’s cycle-
out with the old, in with the new.
_______________________________________________________
Day One:

Frog Prince
by Laurie Kolp

Goosebumps on warm skin
Ignited passion tingling
Desirous love
A kiss from you transforms me
I am no longer a frog

No comments: