Saturday, September 11, 2010

TALL Tales

Nicholas has such an imagination.  Ever since he was a toddler, he would make up elaborate stories about things.  It started with trucks.  We used to drive around town so he could see all of the trucks (cranes, tractors, etc.)  Then he would tell me fascinating tales about them.  Once we were parked on the side of a street looking at some trucks on a construction site when I heard a rap on my window.  It was a friend's husband driving home for lunch.  He wanted to make sure we were okay.  I had to tell him we were just looking at the trucks!

Recently, Nicholas has been rambling on about his "night job."  According to him, he wakes up in the middle of the night and goes to work in his basement.  Here is an example of a recent conversation I had with him.  (Jeannette McCurdy is a co-star on the TV comedy ICarly!).

Nicholas:  Did you know that Jeannette McCurdy is serious in real life?

Me:  How do you know?

Nicholas:  I could tell when I talked to her on the phone.

Me:  Really?

Nicholas:  I fixed her studio when it was struck by lightning.

Me:  Was that one of your night jobs?

Nicholas:  Yeah.  I have to ditch school sometimes, too, for my work.  But my teacher doesn't care...she lets me because I tell her what I have to do.

And then there's the time Nicholas told me his teacher ordered lunch (and picked it up) from Luby's for the class everyday, but that's another story.

Hmmm...maybe Nicholas will be a writer someday.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

what a beautiful imagination he has.. looks like he got mommy's creative gene!