Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Much Needed Break
by Laurie Kolp

Eluding thoughts dispel my muse
something which a break requires
I turn to the window on my left
nature’s remedy calms my nerves
and the nose-smudged glass
reminds me the dogs need water.

I hit save and see the card,
“Please be patient, God isn’t
finished with me yet,” a humbling
reminder of my imperfections
I bow my head in thanks
breathe in good, breathe out bad
peace fills my body with warmth.

Hazel eyes are captured by smiles
our family photo not long ago reveal
seven clad in white shirts and jeans
minus five others meant to be there
talk of divorce came down like hail
and marred their portrait plans
I thank God for my blessings
and set forth to complete my task.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ah yes, we all have imperfections, but it is good when we take time to think about our blessings.

http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/