Monday, May 31, 2010

Z is for Zippy

According to Webster, zippy means "full of energy: brisk: lively."  I want some of that!  Lately I have been anything but zippy.  Running from here to there for end-of-the-year activities, parties, field trips and awards ceremonies has me feeling pretty drippy. School is not over yet, either.  The kids go until June 4 for some unknown reason.  I mean, we have so many unnecessary holidays throughout the year, it seems the school district could cut some of them out.  Then the kids could get out before Memorial Day like we used to.  They are so not into school anymore and I'm not either.  I could go on, but I might start sounding like a flippy hippie

We did have fun today, though (another reason I am not zippy).  Pete and I took the kids swimming at the country club's Memorial Day celebration.   Then just as we got in the car my phone rang.  It was the kid's Uncle David inviting us to swim over at his place with my nephew David and his soon-to-be wife Linda, and her sister.  We were feeling kind of dippy, so we went.  Now we are pooped and a little pink, but I wanted to finish off this alphabet challenge before I went to get some ZZZZZZs.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

zippy, dippy, flippy, hippy... your so funn!!!