Sunday, May 2, 2010

A for Attitude

This month I will be blogging according to the letters of the alphabet.  Each letter will have a chosen topic for me to write about.  I want to begin with A for Attitude.

I have been stuck in attitude many times in my life; negative attitude that tells me I am not good enough or will never make it, and positive attitude that says I can do anything I put my mind to.  Of course there is attitude which comes from having kids, but I am not talking about that right now. 

We can choose love over selfishness, acceptance over hate, humility instead of boastfulness; so the list goes on.  I know for me, I would much rather love, accept and be humble.  When I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, an attitude of gratitude helps me find my way back to peace.  As I see all the things I am grateful for, I forget about all the things I do not have. 

Someone once said, "It is better to want less than you have than to want more than you need."  I could not agree more (maybe one day I'll get there).  If I act as if I'm happy, chances are I will become happy.  In closing, I would like to share this poem with you:

You've got to get up every morning with a smile on you face,
And show the world all the love in your heart,
Then people gonna treat you better,
You're gonna find, yes, you will,
That you're as beautiful as you feel.
~Carole King 

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I really do like this post on Attitude! You are right ~ we do have a choice.... it's always His will I pray for, not my own. His will is LOVE, ACCEPTANCE & HUMILITY! human nature would be selfish, hate and prideful!