Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun

Happy Easter! Today we were kept busy preparing for Easter. First, Katie and I baked and decorated our annual Easter bunny cake. As you can see, Katie likes to REALLY decorate the bunny's face- giving him candy freckles and a mouth made of almonds. We usually use licorice for the whiskers, but this year we went out on a limb and tried Pringle sticks! You gotta love a little salt with your cake.
Then we dyed eggs. I wasn't able to find my usual PAAS, so this time we used a different kind of coloring kit that uses oil and water (no stinky vinegar). The eggs actually turned out more beautiful- pastel colors of pink, purple and yellow, along with some crayon rubbings made for a fun project.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter in celebration of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Oh Laurie... what beautiful pictures of your day before Easter! I'm so happy for you. You have such a beautiful family!
Happy Easter to you my dear friend! You deserve to be happy. Love you...