Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Here We Go Round The Sick-berry Bush!

My family has been inundated with sickness lately. With three young children in school and mommy trying to work part-time, this has been quite a juggling act. First Nicholas got sick one Tuesday last month (I work Tuesday and Thursday). Pete had an important meeting and could not stay home, so I had to call in sick. Then Nick got better until the next Tuesday when he came down with fever again. I had a lot going on, so Pete stayed home and took him to the doctor, who said it was a virus and wouldn't put him on anything. I stayed home the next time (Thursday) and then the following week, the same thing happened. Tuesday Nicholas is coughing again (and had been all night). Back to the doctor and finally we get put on antibiotics. Nicholas gets better and then the following week...you guessed it. Andrew wakes up with a fever. He has to stay home for three days and this is the week of my art show. Did I mention I got sick sometime in the middle of all this? Then I go to work and have two, three and four-year-olds coughing in my face. When will it be spring? Well, the boys seem to be okay, even though I found out a nasty tummy virus is going around. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep praying. But today, while at work, I got a call from the school nurse and- can you believe it- Katie had a low-grade fever and earache. Will this winter yuckiness ever end?

4 comments:

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

I vote for all of you to go some place warm and cozy next month for Spring break. You guys deserve it. One of those vacations where you have no plans are agenda just soak up that sun.

The Voice said...

I second the vote and it should give the house time to cool down and air out the sickness bug.

Holli said...

Man, I sympathize. When one of us is sick, there's the never-ending, who's going to work, who's staying home battle. But, I'm glad to see you're gradually getting better.

Jeni said...

Hope all is well in your home now.... :(! Love & wellness, Jeni